• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Hey guys I finally got Dr. Octavius in ,has nice home 240 g

I thought the skimmer was going in the sump???will have to re read this bit...
the chances of a full blown crash are small, but better safe than sorry...I have seen tanks larger than yours crash in the space of half an hour, while everyone watched in horror...amazing, really...
greg

well yes

it is going in the sump
but I dotn know how to plumb and Im not sure how im going to make my overflows to where he cant get in them, cause i dont have bulid in teeth , they are just glass overflows with nothing on them

so I stuck the skimmer in the tank,

i dont think its that hideous looking

he doesnt seem to mind., plus it puts more oxygen in teh water correct ?

thats a big plus

its ok

he reached out for a crawdad yestrerday but it swam away, he didnt get enough of a suction on it ,

i didnt see him eat the other two , and may not have , they were laying on the sand dead, it looked like their stomachs were eatan ,

do they not eat the whole thing?

if they do eat the whole thing , its likely that my snails ate them when they died.

ILl take soem more pictures tonight if everyone will come back and look

oh, also, he sstill doesnt venture around and crawl eveywhere ive had him i think over a week now

They don't eat the shell and sometimes they leave other parts, too.
So you have plenty to clean up after a crawfish!

As for not moving around a lot, give him a little more time.

Nancy

ok

i just have been reading everywhere where others are crawling around after about 4 or 5 days and mine doesn tdo that , but it could be casue he has such a big tank to look out for enemies for

also, its worth taking out uneaten food and the shells too as leaving shells of crustaeceans can increase phosphates

really how is that

really , how does it do that

im not even sure what my phosphatea re to be honestl

thats one parameter i dint have test for ,

though she is fine and has been for a week and a half

How long have you had him now? It was a baby from Octopets right? Didn't you say you have damsels still in the tank? Maybe he's threatened by them. Or maybe he's too well fed! Mine started coming out when the food was all eaten and then he started to associate me as the food God!!! I just looked back and he's been with you a little over a week. Patience!!!! He'll come around!

hehe , im a big fan of instant gratification , anyways yes i guess I will have to wait for the food to be eating cause he still has a very very well good source of it

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back