Hey everyone

If you don't like flake (and I don't) there are two excellent alternatives and we feed both but they are expensive. If I only fed the tanks one food it would be frozen Cyclop-eeze. The second that we include in our daily feeding is small frozen mysis. Both will be happily eaten by your fish and any form of serpent and we have seen the octos take at least the Cyclop-eeze (and likely the mysis). I have a video of my post hatch female (Trapper) mercatoris directly eating it from a pipette. Other evidence of the octos eating it is circumstantial (color of their poop) and it may be they eat the pods that we also know consume it. Our clowns love the combination and the softies can eat both as well.

I started to say I ALWAYS direct feed but sometimes that is difficult (usually more with mercatoris). We stick or hand feed when viable (usually). I prefer to stick feed so there is no confusion with play time but sometimes I will hand feed, it depends a lot on the octopus but we always get them accustomed to a schedule and the stick feeding first. The hatchlings are starting to be findable enough to pipette feed every night so I know they are getting at least a shrimp. We do leave edible clean-up crew in the tanks but they are usually left alone after we establish a regular feeding time.

Here is what I'm planning to order for the cleanup crew. Anyone can feel free to chime in.
Brittle Star - Atlantic-2
Emerald Green Mythrix Crab-3
Trochus Snails-12
Mexican Red Leg Hermit-10

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back