Hey Everyone

davecash

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been a long time lurker on Tonmo.

Not sure how i originally found the site but i think i was doing some searching after watching a doco on Cuttlefish and was amazed by everything i saw.

I've loved reading all of your experiences with Cuttlefish - the good, the bad and the sad.

ah I'm so jealous of you guys! I'm in Australia and there is zero chance of finding Cuttlefish in a shop. There are only two species that I know of that could be kept that don't grow huge - Mourning Cuttlefish(Sepia plangon) and Reaper Cuttlefish (Sepia mestus) both grow to about 15cm.

The problem is actually finding them!! I purchased a tank and all the gear and had a reef setup going on until i found one - which never happened :(. After giving up on the search for a while I'm ready to start again!! Hopefully i have better luck this time around.

Big thanks to all of you for all the work you put into your posts - it's the next best thing to actually owning one!

snowmaker

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Would be nice if you could find a diver who could find and collect eggs for you.

Good luck in your search.

davecash

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
snowmaker;155581 said:
Would be nice if you could find a diver who could find and collect eggs for you.
My brother does diving so I'm hoping we can get some this way. I think it's going to be tough to get some but well worth it if we do

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shady

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan