• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

hey everyone.

fishkid6692

Wonderpus
Registered
hey everyone. it's been a while since i've been on here. i really want to try an octo in my reef tank. theres only one fish and thats a clown. i was thinking some sort of dwarf. i don't mind it being nocturnal. i've kept a few octos before and i miss not having one. theres an octo on reef scavengers and i was wondering if anyone could take a guess at what it is. i don't think the picture is acurate because the picture looks like a briareus. any help would be great thanks!

Same old picture they've been using, O. macropus, which is far from being a dwarf.

LONG-ARMED OCTOPUS (OCTOPUS MACROPUS)

The Long-armed octopus can commonly grow to about 36” or 1m in length when the body and arm lengths are measured. The arms are normally more than 7 times the length of the body, hence their name. They are quite distinctive with their red/brown colouring and small white spots however as with many other species they are able to change their colour whenever the need arises. They have eyes high up on the head with a distinctive bump above each one.

So, they're either A) lazy and using the picture of an O. macropus to represent a random octopus they have in-stock, or B) It's an O. macropus and they labeled it as an "Atlantic Pygmy Octopus" which would be very unfair to the octopus considering the care requirements they list.

I would stay away from reefscavengers - they owe me 389$ as a refund and have been saying they would send it, but not sending it, for a year.

Thales;131271 said:
I would stay away from reefscavengers - they owe me 389$ as a refund and have been saying they would send it, but not sending it, for a year.

I would avoid them just by their name, via principle.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back