[Cuttlefish]: Hey everyone, new here..

I am sorry I missed that you were feeding brine shrimp. Over and over we have found that even though the baby cuttles will often hunt them, they will not provided the nutrition required to keep the cuttles alive. Of the commonly available foods, only live mysid have been successful to getting them large enough to feed cheaper, larger foods.

Ya I have live ghost shrimp, brine shrimp, and music shrimp. And frozen mysid shrimp but the smaller of the 2 cuttlefish will only eat the brine shrimp.. I try different foods everyday but that’s all he will eat..

I keep the live ghosts shrimp in the tank below but when the cuttle is pushing against the net there’s never any shrimp or anything around..

The octopus has decided to make his appearance today.. I think it is a O. Bocki (not a 100% sure) and he is being very active during the day! Yesterday he came out for about 30 seconds when i turned the light on when went back in his hole in the rock. And today he has been out all day from the time the lights came on.. is this normal behavior?
2F547645-9C60-4AC2-B614-CAEAAC00ED3E.jpeg
C20339AC-9E27-45C8-8205-3DC521A365BD.jpeg

A nocturnal that starts staying out during the day is often in senescence and the top picture has worrisome white-grey coloration but the lower picture, not so much. Also the eyes in the second photo look smaller than for most nocturnals and not the typical, dune buggy tire look for O. bocki. Hoping for a young, diurnal.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back