Hey all! I'm new

Izzy

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hey fellow marine lovers!

My name's Izzy. Some of you may recognize me from a different marine biology forum (planktonforums), and may know that I'm quite a dolphin (cetacean) person. But I also happen to be fascinated by cephalopods and their intelligence and communication. (The same reason I'm fascinated by dolphins and other cetaceans, actually.)

Anyhow that's a bit about me. I'm 17, and just finished my junior year of high school, and have wanted to be a marine biologist since I knew the meaning of the word. All aspects of ocean life fascinate me and I absolutely love studying it. I volunteer at my local aquarium in education, and I'm captain of my school's NOSB team. NOSB is my life. :smile: (www.nosb.org for more information about it - its effectivly a science team competition for high school students all about ocean sciences.)

I just found this site from looking for good podcasts about marine biology, and it looks amazing. Glad to be here. I can't wait to learn LOTS and lots of things about cephalopods. :smile:

~Izzy

:welcome: Izzy! I think you'll find some of what you're looking for here... if your local aquarium happens to be Mote, you should make note that TONMOCON II is happening there this weekend(!)

cephalopodcast;96710 said:
Hey Izzy. Glad to see you here. Think you'll find the cephalopods to be far more intelligent than those silly cetaceans. :razz:

That, and the mice.

Welcome to Tonmo, Izzy !

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back