Here are the Pix of my new OCTO

monty

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Supporter
It doesn't look like he's got as much webbing as a briareus to me... and in the first pic, he looks like a dog! AM's Kalypso pics show the briareus webbing pretty well.

He's a very nice-looking octo, in any case. He reminds me a bit of Biddle:

http://www.tonmo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10425

who was tentatively IDed as aculeatus, but had sort of a unique look. Does he ever do the "skunk stripe" display shown in the Biddle thread?

Inception7

Blue Ring
Supporter
I read through the text and most people actually said it was a Vulgaris. I would say that the mantle on mine is about 2 1/2" and his tenticles 10-12". I am just sad because I don't think I'll have him for very long.

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
Inception7;115540 said:
I read through the text and most people actually said it was a Vulgaris. I would say that the mantle on mine is about 2 1/2" and his tenticles 10-12". I am just sad because I don't think I'll have him for very long.
That sounds like mature size for an aculeatus.

Inception7

Blue Ring
Supporter
Well I guess that settles it. Yeah that video looks exactly like it. Thanks for the compliments on the setup, as I said, he has a really big home. What tankmates would be possible in a 200?

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
Domboski has a journal on is Abdopus and tankmates that have done well so far. I kept one with some firefish, yellow tang, maroon clownfish, yellow goby, six-line wrasse. It always hid so I personally would say you'll get the most out of it if you dedicate the tank to it.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Paradox,
There was a recent article about an octo at a public aquarium that would do that, "open the container and hold the top up as if in victory" action - makes you wonder what it means.

Members online

No members online now.