• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Help with finding tank...

Lukestimp

Hatchling
Registered
I found the perfect Tank for the set-up I'm planning but need some Help. The tank is sold at Petsmart so it's a Topfin/Perfecto whoever they are now... Anyways, it's a 56 Gallon Coulum and it's something like 18" x 30" x ?h. The problem is they only sell this tank with a Nice Burlwood stand and the combo costs $300, and the stand is basoically worthless for holding a sump and what not, but I just can't find this size tank anywhere else.

So do you guys have any ideas? I've even thought about just making a Plywood tank this size, but I'm not sure it's really that economical..

Animal Mother;121382 said:
Better yet, go here: Atlanta Southeastern Marine Aquarium Society • Index page visit the forums, introduce yourself.

Darn! The last meeting was up my way and I have been meaning to check them out. Unfortunately, the date posted was June and not July :sad: but thanks for the link and I will make myself a note to check it.

In spite of some of the negative sides to eBay, I am an avid (rabid?) participant. You can set up a search that includes a distance from your home town. This is how we found Octane's new tank (still not completed but getting closer)

[Octopus]: - Octane - O. Hummelincki (filosus)

You might also be able to buy a used tank at your LFS. My mom got a 75 gal that they had used for a day on display at the mall. Pretty decent. Now that tank is a not doing so great because it has been so long (5 years).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back