• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Help with finding tank...

Lukestimp

Larval Mass
Registered
I found the perfect Tank for the set-up I'm planning but need some Help. The tank is sold at Petsmart so it's a Topfin/Perfecto whoever they are now... Anyways, it's a 56 Gallon Coulum and it's something like 18" x 30" x ?h. The problem is they only sell this tank with a Nice Burlwood stand and the combo costs $300, and the stand is basoically worthless for holding a sump and what not, but I just can't find this size tank anywhere else.

So do you guys have any ideas? I've even thought about just making a Plywood tank this size, but I'm not sure it's really that economical..

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Animal Mother;121382 said:
Better yet, go here: http://atlanta-smas.org/ visit the forums, introduce yourself.
Darn! The last meeting was up my way and I have been meaning to check them out. Unfortunately, the date posted was June and not July :sad: but thanks for the link and I will make myself a note to check it.

In spite of some of the negative sides to eBay, I am an avid (rabid?) participant. You can set up a search that includes a distance from your home town. This is how we found Octane's new tank (still not completed but getting closer)

http://www.tonmo.com/community/index.php?threads/8759/#post-117776

L8 2 RISE

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
petco's $ a gallon sale is coming up in September, wait untill then to buy your tank if your going to get it from them

chaostheory

O. bimaculoides
Registered
You might also be able to buy a used tank at your LFS. My mom got a 75 gal that they had used for a day on display at the mall. Pretty decent. Now that tank is a not doing so great because it has been so long (5 years).

Members online

No members online now.