help to id the octopus :)

bläckis

O. vulgaris
Registered
I went to my local yesterday and asked if he could get octopuses, he said that it was not any problem but he could not tell what kind it was. The only things i know is that it comes frome thailand and that they name it as Brown octopus.

Brown octopus...well that is what everyone calls them when they have no idea what it is...I think almost all octopuses show a brown as part of their coloration. There is really no way to tell without a picture there are lots of octopus species. Coming from that part of the world they are often A.aculeatus but it is impossible to guess accurately. Get some pics if you can.

Upvote 0
The biggest concern about a unknown octopus from Thailand would be that you would get a species of the poisonous blue-ring octopus. Can you get your pet store to exclude this species and can you refuse to pay for it if this is what comes in from the importers?

Upvote 0
No one buys Octopus eggs, they are of a frail quality, hung from the den's ceiling and carefully kept clean and oxygenated by the caring Octopus mother, not left out in the open like cuttle eggs, that are tough and resilient to shipping. So, yes, Roy is right :wink:

Upvote 0
okey did not know that, anyway they said it was possible but mabye I misunderstod them perhaps they ment that is was possible to order allready hatch babies, but if thats even possible do they ship well?

Upvote 0
In nature not many hatchlings survive a brood so a new hatchling has a low chance of survival. It would be better to get one that is at least 2 months old in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back