help me pleeeeeze now

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
no. They only sell(marine wise)snails neonfish frogs giant really puffy goldfish other various big fish, but nothing salt water. I think that we could get special orders from them or some specific website.

neptune

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
That will not work for us then. :( Is that the same shop you dad knows the owner of?

Trying to get you to see a saltwater tank in action.

with a canister filter you will need an bac-pac style protin skimmer.

if you have not bought a filter I recommend a wet/dry variety so you can put skimmer in sump (well of a wet dry) and it helps octo proof.

GL

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
maybe someone couldpost a video or pics of all the components.

Burstsovenergy24

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Reaction score
:)

Ok:

Sump. is the type of sump I made. It's a wet/dry.

Protein Skimmer. Protein skimmers are good because they take alot of the waste from the water and the water doesnt pass through it. Because the water doesnt pass through it the watse cant mess up the water because of rotting.

Heater. This is a REALLY good heater. It has extreamly thick glass so it's almost certain it wont crack easily.

Anything else?

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
does someone have something else for a sump the others are fine :D

Burstsovenergy24

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Reaction score
A sump really is just a big box that the water runs though.

It helps in a number of ways.

It-

-increases the amount of water in the tank thereby diluting the water to some degree.

-can be used like I did by making a filter in it

-or is sometimes like a refuge where animals and plants can live where the octo can't eat them

There might be a few other ways but I cant think of them right now. :bugout:

Spring

O. vulgaris
Registered
Reaction score
Ant, A sump can be made from any container that will hold water as long as it is made from a non toxic material. I am using a plastic rubbermaid storage box for a sump on one of my seahorse tanks. It cost less than $5. You'll need an overflow box for the tank and a pump to return the water. You already have access to ro water, but you'll need a big container, perhaps a new 30g rubbermaid trashcan to mix your saltwater in. Let the sw mix and aerate it at least 12 hours before use so that the chemistry of the water has time to stabilize. Your gonna need a hydrometer to measure the salinity(specific gravity). I suggest getting a book on marine fish care just so you'll understand the basic's. Check out this link on sumps, http://www.aquaforums.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=49&t=3618&s=60516ca5c1ce62e647359712b2fc2fc0

hope this helps,
Spring