• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

help argument for larger tank

sedna

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I have an aculeatus that I currently have in my 20 gal, who I am planning to move into the 55 gal across the living room. The rest of my family is a bit upset by this, because it means giving up the 3 fish who live there, including a honeycomb puffer who has learned to squirt at me, and the trigger who is hand fed. For me it is a no brainer, cephs over fish any day!! My husband keeps on with, "But he (the octo) seems to have tons of room in there." My daughters say, "Aww, we can't give up the puffer." I'm ready to move him ASAP and give the fish to the LFS. What I say goes with animals in our house, but it would be great to have something other than, "Because that's what the experts on the website say!" Any "Top 8 reasons for the bigger tank" lists out there?

Why not set up another 55g in place of the 20g??? That's what I do and now I have 8 tanks. One for every new thing I decide is to cool to pass up!!!!

Thanks for the great list!! The decision is made and Al will displace the big guys as soon as I get rid of the nitrates! Now on to the next project- H2O changes til the nitrates are gone!

I'm glad you are giving Al a bigger home. This thread should be bookmarked for all the people who post "What kind of octopus can I put in a 10 gallon?". If you already have a 55 gallon or larger ready for an octopus, then it doesn't matter what kind of octopus the LFS has...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back