• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Help! ammonia

Anyone that can advise me?
I fed a blue crab lastnight. It was messier than usual. I got up this morning to do a water change. I tested this tank along with my 120. I have .50 ammonia. I am performing enormous water change but I have the 120 (anyone familiar with my 120 set up?) should I transfer her now. I am worried that I won't be able to get the amonia down fast enough. She is looking very good, changing colors, eyes not dialated and active, no heavy breathing. Should I keep her in the 50 or transfer her. Sorry I am rambling but I am scared and in panic mode.

I think I would transfer. At this point her eating needs are exceeding the smaller volume tank and you will likely be fighting this constantly.

:oops: I misspelled ammonia in the thread title!
Thanks D, Tonmo has been a ghost town most of the day. I can always count on you!
I am glad you confirmed what I had been thinking. Once I actually capture her acclimating will be difficult, sure she'll crawl out of what ever I put her in. I will match the PH a closley as I can. I will not be begining the transfer until she comes out on her own, still hold up on her den. I keep checking to see if she is breathing.:indiffer:
I will keep the camera handy and snap a few shots. I'll feel much better with her out of that tank. I was so terribly worried this morning, I had to take a few deep breaths to calm down. If I lost her I would be devastated and heart broken.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back