• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Hello

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Registered
I have been a life long cuttlefish fan (got to do research as an undergrad. and grad. student on S. officinalis). Mostly wanted to do research because they are so cute (my advisor told me that being cute was not a good enough reason...). Anyway, after my master's I taught marine biology to kids for 14 years. I moved far from the ocean in July and now I am an elementary school teacher living in Pennsylvania. I hope to set up a salt water tank here once I unpack a little more. So glad to find a place for other people so enamored of cephalopods!

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Welcome

:welcome: You are definitely in the right place!

frusyks

Cuttlefish
Registered
Yeah! Just setting up a cycled tank now for my new little dude, sounds like you have some good background with these amazing little guys. I welcome your input!

Cheers!

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi Cuttlegirl and welcome to TONMO.com!

Glad to have you onboard. We'd welcome you as a ceph owner, too, when you get your tank set up and ready for a cute cuttlefish! (Octos are cute, too!)

Nancy

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Hi cuttlegirl! It is great to have you here. I'd like to expand our offerings of cephalopod content for kids (someday), so with your background, it's doubly great to have you as part of the community.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Supporter
cthulhu77 said:
Welcome to Tonmo !!! Personally, I think "cute" qualifies as a reason for research !
As someone going into dinosaur paleontology, I'm not allowed to throw any stones!

Dan

Fujisawas Sake

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
:welcome: to TONMO, where the past. present, and future is cephalopods.

John

"Silly biologists, gastrotrichs are for kids..."

Members online

No members online now.