Hello.

retech

Cuttlefish
Registered
I suppose this is late, as I already posted a question but for those who haven't seen it I will restate some. I am a research technician. I currently work in a fish lab where we keep both fresh and saltwater fish. As of yet, we do not have an octopus but I am looking into changing that. Our research is not envasive in any way so do not feel like you have to be morally outraged. Since I have started in the lab two months ago the most trying thing these fish have gone through is me learning how to care for them. The octopus will go through the same protocol as the other fish in our lab, which is we collect feces and test for a stress hormone. We are hoping to correlate the stress hormone levels with the health of their environment. So consider me an extreme novice at this point, but I hope to learn.

Welcome to Tonmo...!
Have no idea how you are going to collect feces from a captive octo...usually so small as to be invisible...I am sure there is a way though...good luck!
greg

Welcome to TONMO.com :smile:

...and worse than that they jet it out of their syphon at speed!

Re: Hello.

retech said:
We are hoping to correlate the stress hormone levels with the health of their environment.

Hi retech. Sounds like interesting research that you propose there!! What is the point of this, when you refer to 'health of their environment'? Is it captive or natural environment?

:welcome:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back