Hello...

MarkS

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Got this site from ReefCentral. I post there under the same user name.

I am about to buy a 240 RR tank for an octopus (bimac) species tank. It's good to find a site dedicated to this information.

MarkS -

Welcome to TONMO! I have a friend at work who's on reefcentral and says that it's a terriffic forum, and from some of the threads he links me to I believe it! Hopefully you will find the same quality of help (or higher we'd hope) here

I do not know what you mean by 'RR' so my opinions may be ignorant, but I am wondering why you would go with such a huge system? Not that there is anything wrong (the bigger the better I suppose), but bimacs do not reach /that/ large of a size -- unless you are planning to keep a couple? Not sure if 240 would be big enough for this..

Robert :cyclops:

Thanks!

RR means Reef Ready. An unnecessarily fancy term for a drilled tank. :bugout: It will be modded to prevent excape through the overflows.

I am not currently running a reef, but have in the past. I've got a high paying job and want to start up a new tank. I've always wanted to keep an octopus, but was unable to afford the equipment to care for one properly.

I chose a 240 to give the animal a good amount of space, but also to make it a focal piece of my living room. This will include a few corals as well. I think it's time I stepped up from the 10 gallon ranks. :biggrin2:

Welcome, and congratulations on moving up to a big tank. Your octo will love it!

Just remember that he won't respect your aquascaping - my bimac completely redecorated and moved everything, including turning things upside down and digging down to the bare glass!

Nancy

Nancy said:
Welcome, and congratulations on moving up to a big tank.

Thanks.

Nancy said:
Just remember that he won't respect your aquascaping - my bimac completely redecorated and moved everything, including turning things upside down and digging down to the bare glass!

Yeah, I've thought of this. I'm going to give him smaller pieces of rock to play with, but the main rock formations will be of larger rocks epoxied together. I'm going to have a minimum of a 4" deep sand bed. Under this and through the rocks will be a labyrinth of tunnels made out of 3" PVC. The PVC will be completely hidden by the rocks and sand.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back