Hello

spartacus said:
we may be related, I was a Jones too

Hi, so you're not a Jones anymore?

I still want to know if anyone has read 'The Kraken Wakes' by John Wyndham. He's most famous for writing 'The day of the Triffids'.

The book was written in the 60's but it's about the deep sea. I would say more but that would spoil the story.

Also I'd just like to say how fortunate I feel to be working with such outstanding brains here at AUT. I'm having a fantastic time.

Cheers

Matt

spartacus said:
we may be related, I was a Jones too

Hi, so you're not a Jones anymore?

I still want to know if anyone has read 'The Kraken Wakes' by John Wyndham. He's most famous for writing 'The day of the Triffids'.

The book was written in the 60's but it's about the deep sea. I would say more but that would spoil the story.

Also I'd just like to say how fortunate I feel to be working with such outstanding brains here at AUT. I'm having a fantastic time.

Cheers

Matt

Hmm...good message the second time around too ! :smile:
Nope, haven't read it, but will look for it now...sounds cool !
greg

Hey, he had to post it twice ... dem bwains at AUT is weally weally weally and twully outstandin man!

[He's just trying to get out of his 'lines']

Gotta do better than that Matt. A jelly donut and cuppa coffee would go down a treat just about now ....

Matt Jones said:
Also I'd just like to say how fortunate I feel to be working with such outstanding brains here at AUT.
where? where?
Geeeez...i wish you ppl kept me informed about those things... :evil:

I'm having a fantastic time.
just you wait...
No fish, no guts, no otoliths, no squid beaks to add to the jar (or throw in Steve's coffee), unidentifiable random gunk that will take u a month to finally realise it's that gum you were looking for...

For the record: I'm having a blast too! 8)

TPOTH

TPOTH said:
no squid beaks to add to the jar (or throw in Steve's coffee),

just go diging in steve's garden.... youll find beaks and goo to spread all around his perosnal space.....

mu HA ha ha...

:cthulhu:

WhiteKiboko said:
all around his perosnal space.....

PLEASE, no digging around my perosnal space!!!

TPOTH and Matt, that's 15,000 lines, with interest!

Matt Jones said:

Cheers

Matt
Talk about grovelling Matt :yuck: anyway the most outstanding brains are at OTAGO

and at the risk of upsetting those in good old mother england GO THE ALL BLACKS who just creamed england at rugby at the weekend (please note the underdogs just beat the world champs!!!)

(not that I follow the rugby you understand, I actually think it's really boring but it has been the topic of conversation at work today AND I live only two block from the grounds so I couldn't really miss it!!!!!!!!!!)

J

Matt, my ex kept the Jones bit so I dumped it as not considered fair that my new love should have to have same title as "her" :x
I considered Fartacus as a new surname but it sounded daft so settled for
B'ellbottom :roll:

as a tip from an old hand, there's many things you can do to a coffee you may begrudge serving - be imaginative :yuck:

spartacus said:
as a tip from an old hand, there's many things you can do to a coffee you may begrudge serving - be imaginative :yuck:

I've seen Fight Club :heee:

No really, I couldn'y, I'm already the Official Supplier of Jelly Doughnuts. :P (Not that he's got any yet) and then there's all those lines...

Incidently on Orange Roughy diet, most of the literature I've found and there isn't that much, especially around NZ, is based on data about 20 years old. Since then they've had the s*&# fished out of them. So it will be interesting to see what effect that has had on their diet (Assuming we can get some - As soon as I get some, I'll let you know). It's going to be really interesting. If anyone knows anything, or wishes to tell me I'm talking bollocks (why am I asking this? Like you're not going to) please don't hesitate to tell me - there is no way I know the whole picture.

:goldfish:

Hey, it was the only fish, and it's orange!

I've seen Fight Club
That got Sir Steve's attention though I doubt if any drinks sabotage is really gonna bother him, regularly climbing into rotting sperm whales whilst avoiding being poleaxed by a rather large cetaceous penis (todger dodging) :shock:

and at the risk of upsetting those in good old mother england GO THE ALL BLACKS who just creamed england at rugby at the weekend (please note the underdogs just beat the world champs!!!)

:biggrin2: Jean :biggrin2: , I don't follow rugby :sleeping: as there are no engines but since when has your national eggy ball chucking team been the underdogs ?
The top team is not necessarily the best team. M. Schumacher has been F1
champ after ramming the opposition etc.
Well done the Black steamroller !

Matt, my Grandad was a regular visitor to NZ during the flying boat era as a BOAC steward, who knows what he got up to...?
Can someone return his fishing gear which he apparently has left in his locker ?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back