Hello, I'm a newbie with a couple of questions.

EvanPDX

Hatchling
Registered
I found this website about 2 years ago while looking up information about octopuses for the first time. Since then I have wanted to get one but I am not ready yet, for a number of reasons. I'm 20 years old and a college student so money is a pretty tight. Even though I work too, it isn't enough to give me a ton of extra money.

For these reasons I'm waiting until I am financially stable and responsible enough to properly take care of a cephalopod. This will most likely be years from now but I don't want to jump into something this difficult without being adequately prepared. At this stage in my life, owning a cephalopod just isn't possible.

I would like to start planning though. This is where I need help. I have been coming here for a while and I figured that getting direct responses will be most beneficial to me. Here are some of my questions:

1. How much did you spend on everything?

2. How hard is it to find cephalopods for sale?

I have many more questions but I don't want to have a gigantic first post.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

cuttlegirl;162464 said:
Too bad the Oregon Coast Aquarium is so far from Portland, you could volunteer there. You might want to see if there are any local salt water aquarium clubs in your area, they could help you get your feet (and hands) wet.

http://gpas.org/news.php

Yeah it's too bad. I would totally do it too.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back