Hello I am new around here

They are maybe 2-3 mm in length. So very tiny. But Izzy is a Small Octopus.

what an adventurous introduction thread this turned out to be! :biggrin2:

Unfortunately she won't last much longer now that she's laid her eggs. Do these tiny eggs appear to be clear, or are there any dark spots within them? Wondering if you're about to have your arms full!

Hard to really tell It is in a little cave and Izzy is not keen on showing off or coming out

New Octopus. Super Small. ML maybe 2 cm. Arm span 11-12 cm.

Attachments

• 20190507_180306_1.gif
    20190507_180306_1.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 113
Thank You now I am just trying to find out what kind. It does not match any of Pygmy Species That I have looked up so I am pretty sure it is a Juvenile of some Kind

So these Eggs that were laid are starting to Develop. Eye spots are forming. I have place to get Live Copepods and other Planktonic Animals for possible food testing and a Fry net to keep Them seperate. I know it is a long shot.....

So Recently I have had bad luck with Octopus from the LFS. I have had Six Octopus this Year. 3 from an online retailer and 3 from the LFS. All of the Ones that I have got online did perfect They were all Dwarfs and did amazing. All the LFS Octopus which were A. Aculeatus Died within either the first Day and Half or after a Week. Anyone ever run into this with There LFS?

Ugh, that's frustrating. Have you talked with your LFS about this? Maybe there's a problem with how they're handling or with their supplier...

Here is another random post... I have a tank (main DT) with about 5 small Fish around 2 Inches some smaller. I have another tank up for Them to go into when the Octopus gets here so the Fish do not annoy the Octopus. I am using the fish to maintain the Biofilter but I do not want to move Them to early when Do You think would be a good Time to get The Fish out? The Day before or same Day and just swap?

As long as they are gone before you put the octo in the tank, the tardiness does not matter. However, fish are not the easiest to remove from a tank well populated with live rock and it won't make any bio-filter difference if you remove them a couple of days early to be sure you can catch them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back