Hello I am new around here

D

Deleted member 14033

So I hello every one. I am new around here. I have joined in hope of getting help Identifying this Octopus. It appears to be a Dwarf Species. Mantle length of maybe 1.5 in. TL about 6-7 in. Nocturnal. Originally thought it to be a Merc. But it is from the Pacific. Thought Degueti. But colour and proportions do not match exactly.
Any help would be very Appreciated
Thank You

Attachments

• 20190323_110621.jpg
    20190323_110621.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 133
This pic was taken right after a tank cleaning so please excuse the Water being cloudy.

Attachments

• 20190413_213313.jpg
    20190413_213313.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 129
It is a 60 Gallon 48" long by 24" high and I don't remember the depth. The Octopus is Nocturnal and semi friendly. It is cautious about hand feeding bit still will take food. It does not bother any tank mates and does really well with pretty much anything except Hermit Crabs.

Attachments

• 20190409_140102.jpg
    20190409_140102.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 158
So far That seems like the best I'd But I feel it is a bit bigger than O.Bocki. Maybe it is just older

I'm looking forward to more photos. The gif (and your mention of size) has me wondering about another species (and I will be jealous if my hunch plays out).

Boy I really hope not. I did not plan on that big of an Octopus. The only thing really making it difficult as to whether or not it is O. Bocki is the fact It bas the Papillae above and below Her Eyes

I think the mantle is too long in proportion to the arms and is likely a smaller species but the eyes in the gif are very reminiscent of vulgaris. More photos will help. Even though a few species are relatively easy to ID, at any given instant, one octopus can show characteristics of many different species. Over a series of images we can usually make a decent guess.

Here is another pic from another time I cleaned the tank.

Attachments

• 20190415_151104.jpg
    20190415_151104.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
Again pardon the cloudy Water. I promise it only does that when cleaning. notice in this pic She is stretching Her arms

And just to put this out there she is in a QT. Until She gets big enough for the other tank. I got a couple Fish in there that nip the Arms. Just thought I would clarify before people wondered why there are two different looking tanks

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back