Hello I am new around here

timothytyler113

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Reaction score
So Recently I have had bad luck with Octopus from the LFS. I have had Six Octopus this Year. 3 from an online retailer and 3 from the LFS. All of the Ones that I have got online did perfect They were all Dwarfs and did amazing. All the LFS Octopus which were A. Aculeatus Died within either the first Day and Half or after a Week. Anyone ever run into this with There LFS?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Ugh, that's frustrating. Have you talked with your LFS about this? Maybe there's a problem with how they're handling or with their supplier...

timothytyler113

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Reaction score
Here is another random post... I have a tank (main DT) with about 5 small Fish around 2 Inches some smaller. I have another tank up for Them to go into when the Octopus gets here so the Fish do not annoy the Octopus. I am using the fish to maintain the Biofilter but I do not want to move Them to early when Do You think would be a good Time to get The Fish out? The Day before or same Day and just swap?

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as they are gone before you put the octo in the tank, the tardiness does not matter. However, fish are not the easiest to remove from a tank well populated with live rock and it won't make any bio-filter difference if you remove them a couple of days early to be sure you can catch them.

Tomh

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
Here is another random post... I have a tank (main DT) with about 5 small Fish around 2 Inches some smaller. I have another tank up for Them to go into when the Octopus gets here so the Fish do not annoy the Octopus. I am using the fish to maintain the Biofilter but I do not want to move Them to early when Do You think would be a good Time to get The Fish out? The Day before or same Day and just swap?
Either would be fine> Thanks