Hello from Winnipeg

I have been a reef tank enthusiast for the better part of 10 years now. I have always been interested in ceph's, but have never had the opportunity to keep one as a guest in our home. I'm here for a info injection. I do plan on taking my time and building a solid drilled custom built glass house for when the time comes, but we are in the process of moving and it will be some time before I get to go ahead with it.
SA400005.JPG

:cuttlehi: Mataconda!
We have several Canadian members that I can immediately think of. One on the staff (@GPO87) (he and @Heather Braid are doing PhD work in New Zealand ATM), @anothersquid (not sure where :oops: but in the eastern portion) and @corpusse (again I don't know the province) but they may be helpful in sourcing food and shipping issues with customs if you don't find an animal at a local LSF (I believe corpusse found both his O. briareus locally). Thanks for including your location, it is often helpful.

When you are ready to start building your tank, the tank talk forum has a Tank Buildout sticky containing links for some of the more complete build out threads. Journal contributions to that forum on how you go about building your tank are encouraged :sagrin:

For a fun, current read on an experience, look at TMoct's journal for Iris. Iris has just passed on after a successful hatching of about 75 offspring and the macro lens TMoct is using is providing terrific photos.

To look at journals of different species, the Cephalopod Journals forum has a collection of stickies with a linked table or list of the octopuses that are journaled.

Hopefully that will get you started enjoying your stay and keep you enthusiastic until you are ready to start!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome! Now I'll have to read a little before I go to bed. No worries on provideing a good step by step with a build pictures when the time comes. After all, it's the second best part of the hobby.

Hi Mataconda and welcome to the site!
That's a beautiful reef tank you have.
You will really enjoy having a ceph some day.
D has given you good advice, and reading the
Journals about other people's experiences with
their Cephs should be interesting and entertaining.

Nancy

Thanks for the compliment. That was our 160 in its glory day. I have since shut this system down and set up a 280, wich I am not happy about moving what so ever. But hey, I get a second chance at setting up a system and tweeting it to my exact wants and needs. New stand, drill for closed loop flow, fine tune the top off tank set up and pre wire some led five lighting. You know, big kid stuff.:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 1388270475932.jpg
    1388270475932.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 150
TONMO has a Ceph Tattoo photo album that you might enjoy. I believe you can add your selfie if you'd like (if you don't see the add photo button at the top of the linked page, send a note to @tonmo and he will add it from the above pictures)

Oops, it looks like I forgot to hit the save button :old:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back