Hello from UK... | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Hello from UK...

Alburglar

Hatchling
Registered
Hi,
I've been visiting this site for ages, reading journals etc and learning what I can, but I've only just registered.
I've got a cycled tank with a lid ready for my first cephalopod. I have limited options due to 120litre tank size but I'm trying to source octopus mercatoris or sepia bandensis, but in the UK this is proving tricky. I have a supplier who says his shipper will get cuttlefish eggs, and he will let me know when they're in. So fingers crossed!

The live rock makes two large caves, and if I source an octo I will putty and acrylic rod it all together to be safe. The lid isn't octo proof either yet but nearly there.

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
If you go with the bandensis (most likely acquisition), you will not have to worry with octoproofing the top :wink:

Alburglar

Hatchling
Registered
I have politely declined the blue rings. Thanks for the offer tho.

I have to confess I got bored waiting and all the main suppliers said they couldn't get hold of any. So I now have a mandarin and a dwarf zebra lionfish.

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards