Hello from the Chicago area!

Nemoness

Hatchling
Registered
Hello! I just registered today, after spending hours devouring any and all information about cephalopod care that I could. I've written about 10 pages of notes so far! And I don't plan on stopping any time soon, there's just so much to know out there! This is a great site, to say the least. You could consider me a complete n00b when it comes to keeping saltwater aquariums, I've never had one but I plan on getting started after I feel 'knowledgeable' enough about the topic. I'll have to start saving also =P.. Needless to say it'll probably be some time before I actually own a cephalopod of my very own, but I've always been fascinated by these little creatures and it's been a dream of mine to own one for as long as I can remember! This site has become an indispensable source of information for me.

As the topic implies, I live in the Chicago area, St. Charles to be more specific... And I'm curious to know if there are any saltwater/cephalopod enthusiasts in the area? It'd be great to find someone I could look to as a mentor, since there's such a vast array of things to know and consider when starting a saltwater tank. So, if there's anyone out there interested in maybe taking someone 'under their wing' persay, please PM me (or e-mail at lollypopcat777 @ hotmail)! Before I even think about starting anything, it'd be a blessing to know someone that can point me towards any reliable local sources of saltwater equipment etc. or even *crosses fingers* a reputable octopus breeder. Really though, I'm just looking for a like-minded enthusiast with a bit more experience than myself that lives in the area, even if only to e-mail with the occasional question.

Thanks to everyone out there on Tonmo! And here's to hoping that one day I'll have an octopus of my own!

Hi and welcome to TONMO.com! :welcome: You've come to the right place for ceph information.

We have members all over the US (and world), so I hope someone in the Chicago area sees this post and can advise you.

Nancy

Thanks for the welcome! :biggrin2:

And yeah, I really hope I can find someone. Reading articles and threads is a good source of information, but I think personally knowing someone with some expirience could prove even more valuable.

But even if I don't find anyone here, through another post on Tonmo I found the Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS). I'm sure that if I became a member I could least find a plethora of people willing to help me with the general saltwater expirience.. Still it'd be great to find someone that knows about cephalopods in particular, of course. :mrgreen:

:welcome: There are certainly a lot of folks here that could mentor you from afar, but we'll see if anyone chimes in that's close enough to do it in person...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back