Hello from Rhode Island

Mimicry

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hi everybody,

I'm a first year undergraduate student with a major in Marine Biology and minors in Chemistry and visual arts. Found out about this site a few days ago and just had to join in. I'm a big Cephalopod fan (along with Cnidarians), and I I intend to continue my studies into a Masters degree or a PhD (not sure yet) involving either cuttlefish, octopus, or squid along with deep sea ecosystems and life. I was born and raised in Vermont, and have always had a deep interest in things like cephalopods and cnidarians especially the mimic octopus and the flamboyant cuttlefish. And one day I hope to set up my own tank with some cuttlefish.

Hi Mimicry and welcome to the site! With your interests, you should find a lot to read and see on Tonmo. Glad to have you with us!

Nancy

:cuttlehi:Mimicry! Cuttlefishes and Octopuses kept in home aquariums are the main focus of our Cephalopod Care Category. The forums there will give you a good idea on what is involved in keeping them. We try to keep up with the latest published works and news on all cephs under the heading Cephalopod Science and Study and have a little fun in Our Community. All the posts are there to feed cephalopod addiction :wink:

Thanks all for the warm welcome, im sure ill spend plenty of hours going through the numerous forums and post

Cephbirk- I'm at RWU (all we really have is a small cuttlefish, I think its a Pharaoh cuttlefish, but not sure)so not that far away from URI
Dhyslop- Its probably because of all the great marine biology programs that the local universities have to offer

greetings from a fellow newEnglander mimicry im in spencer mass.
if your ever in the Tewksbury mass area check out unique aquria, they are trying to breed s.brandesis , they have a female laying eggs now and also have a flamboyant in stock as well as a mimic octo.
or if your near spencer you can come check out my cuttles, I have 5 s. brandisis in my tanks right now, just bring up some of those tasty R.I. grass shrimp and they'll love you

Yes, sadly few octopuses here but there are plenty of squids at least! I think you're a little spoiled for octopuses, Taollan. Washington is tough to beat for octopuses. I've been amazed though because I have dove a number of times in Puget Sound searching for GPOs and have yet to see one diving! Hopefully some day...

I have been more than a little spoiled for octopuses working and living in Washington. CephBirk, I am sad to hear that you have been skunked for GPOs in your dives in the Puget Sound. Next time you are planning on diving in Washington, drop me a line and I will see what I can do about getting you a GPO.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back