Hello From New York

I am relatively new to cephalopod's, just raised a few S. Bandesis from eggs and they are doing well. In the middle of raising them I got the chance to purchase a Metasepia sp. (Flamboyant Cuttle). Needless to say she is the most amazing animal I ever cared for! She even started laying eggs but no young yet.

I have been keeping marine fish and inverts for over 30 years. Bred 3 types of clown fish and the Northern H. Erectus successfully. Also have farmed corals on a small scale.

I feel like Metasepia and possibly other cephs are the next path in life for me! I am very intrigued by them. My hope is that I can with others establish a captive breed population that will eliminate the demand for wild caught species.

Thanks to Richard Ross for convincing me to (actively) join TOMNO ( meaning no more lurking...:wink:)

Regards,
Walter
aka wallysworld

Ok here's a few pics

My first Flamboyant cuttlefish egg that showed signs of life. At about the 1:30 min marker you can see movement.
Hoping to get some better video as he develops!

Attachments

• conv_300150.jpg
    conv_300150.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 130
  • conv_300151.jpg
    conv_300151.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 112
DWhatley;191816 said:
Are you sure you did not just see the little pod crawling over the egg? I stared until my eyes burned but did not see movement.

LOL, no there is movement. Look at the top of the solid white object inside the egg just about at the 1:30 marker, you will see it I promise :wink:

Are those infertile eggs on the ground or dead food offerings?

OK, going full screen I saw two stronger pulses at about 26 and 31 seconds and then the one you mentioned later.

DWhatley;191824 said:
Are those infertile eggs on the ground or dead food offerings?

OK, going full screen I saw two stronger pulses at about 26 and 31 seconds and then the one you mentioned later.

They are all infertile eggs (so far). Anything she leaves after feeding I clean up. Thanks for looking.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back