Hello from Adelaide!

Hello all,

It's kinda a second hello as I joined the forum quite some time ago - but in the last 4 weeks we have emigrated to Adelaide in Oz from the UK so I'm just saying hello from a different hemisphere. I'm still crazily interested in all things oceanic and especially the larger squid and fondly remember staying up late watching the colossal squid being defrosted - now I'm a bit closing to NZ, might be able to plan in a holiday to come and see it :biggrin2:

Hope everyone is well, oh, and I wondered what people were thinking of all of this renewed interest in the deeper parts of the sea with James Cameron, Richard Branson and these new subs, etc - reckon there is any chance of getting one of these over to the Ross Sea sometime with some toothfish bait? :wink:

Or is it all just publicity?

Best,

Dave

A certain squidologist :oshea:(borrowed from Kat) was recently in an adventure with another certain honorary TONMO squid authority :drk: in a giant squid adventure involving immersion in several of the deepwater subs. Not a lot has been published yet and I am guessing they were not able to lure one of the big guys into photo proximity since no such news was announced but Discovery will air the adventure later this year or early next.

DWhatley;192034 said:
A certain squidologist :oshea:(borrowed from Kat) was recently in an adventure with another certain honorary TONMO squid authority :drk: in a giant squid adventure involving immersion in several of the deepwater subs. Not a lot has been published yet and I am guessing they were not able to lure one of the big guys into photo proximity since no such news was announced but Discovery will air the adventure later this year or early next.

That is beyond awesome! So pleased to hear that efforts are being made! Surely the Holy Grail of oceanic encounters? Thanks for sharing :smile:

:welcome: to the southern hemisphere! If you come to Dunedin, look me up. Our Aquarium is sadly closed to the public right now (earthquake risk with a rather decrepit building!) but I might be able to give you a two cent tour of the lab and studies centre. Hopefully the aquarium will reopen some time next year (fingers crossed!) J

Jean;192051 said:
:welcome: to the southern hemisphere! If you come to Dunedin, look me up. Our Aquarium is sadly closed to the public right now (earthquake risk with a rather decrepit building!) but I might be able to give you a two cent tour of the lab and studies centre. Hopefully the aquarium will reopen some time next year (fingers crossed!) J

Thanks! Certainly will, once my bank account gets over the shock of emigrating and I get a job, we'll start planning some holidays and NZ will be high on the list!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back