Hello from a fishlover!

Hi! I am a fishlover to the extreme. my friends and family tend to tune me out because that's all I talk about. I volunteer one day every week at an aquarium (my avatar is a picture I took there =3)and I love it! I am fascinated by cuttlefish and I hope to someday (far from now) own one, but that's only if I'm really sure I can handle it. I'd also like to own an octopus when I move out, I feel confident that I have what it takes to take care of one.

I hope to make friends here and learn learn learn!

:welcome:

This is the coolest site to go on if you like cephalopods! The people here know a ton and are very friendly! Do a lot of research on here and if you have any questions just ask via threads

:welcome: You may enjoy the journals section. Look at the stickies at the top and you will see List of Our Octopuses and List of Our Cuttlefishes marked with the various years. The list is linked to the specific journals and includes the species, keeper name, the aquarium lifespan when known.

Ooh, thank you! I read someone talking about their journal and I was like '0.o what's that?' I'm excited, there's a lot more to do here than other forums.

:welcome: to TONMO! For research on keeping cuttles or octos as pets, the "articles" section has a lot of good reads as well.

Welcome vanilla!

Are you at The NEAq? If so I am wondering how the Sepia bandensis cuttles I donated are doing? I haven't heard anything back from an email I sent a few weeks ago..

@monty: Thanks! I've already read a very of the articles, they're very well written!

@Snow: Yes I am! I wouldn't know exactly (although I can surely ask!), but I was down in tropical a few weeks ago and there was a tank full of tiny cuttles a little bigger than my thumbnail, might those be yours? if so, they seem to be doing well, very cute. I actually snapped a pic, I'll post it when I have mins on my phone.

babycuttle.jpg

There's these fellas

cuttlesmating2.jpg

And these ones. Anybody look familiar?

Mine were all wearing red hats, so if you see them you'll know right away. :lol:

...actually they would be from my eggs laid May 6-7 / 13-14. Hatchlings and any remaining eggs were picked by nice young woman named Kate on 06/09,Steve Bailey and Brian Nelson were the 2 I was communicating with.
I was just curious how they did.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back