Hello! Any Advice for Aspiring Octopus Researchers? | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Hello! Any Advice for Aspiring Octopus Researchers?

Julia Kay

Hatchling
Registered
Hi, my name is Julia and I just joined today! I am so excited to have found such an awesome place with a plethora of information about my favorite animal :) I am currently an undergrad and was hoping to gather some advice on how to start planning for my future. I am incredibly passionate about all things behavioral and intelligent. My dream would be to get to spend everyday studying and observing octopus as they explore and learn about their environment. So if anyone has some advice on graduate schools, contacts, good additions for resumes, etc I would very much appreciate it! Thank you!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Awesome, welcome to TONMO! Glad you've joined... feel free to rummage around and post new threads or respond an existing one, there's lots here to dig into :smile: ...be sure to check out this forum in particular:
Education and Employment
:octopus:

octosass

Hatchling
Registered
Thanks so much for making this thread! I'm in the same boat-trying to navigate toward a career studying ceph behavior/intelligence or bioluminescence. Lately, I've also been looking into genetics.

Also, thank you tonmo for the link! I'm pretty excited to see what's here.

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
As I mentioned on @octosass' intro thread, you might want to spend some time watching the TONMOcon VI videos. Gabrielle Winters and Chelsea Bennice are researching octopuses in FL. Kat Bolstad ( @Tintenfisch ) and Aaron Boyd Evans (@GPO87 both are TONMO staff) research squid in New Zealand

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards