hello all!

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, come on, it's all fun and games. Until someone loses an eye.

And then it's just fun. :cyclops:

The Moog

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Reaction score
Hello
The Moog has hit the USA, Phil is probably breathing a sigh of relief, though I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM!!!
Anyway, is there anything particulary squidly I should look out for/not eat/visit in the aquarium (Chicago)?
:goofysca:

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Moog!

Rusty (aka rrtanton) is an Illinois resident. He might be able to offer some pointers.

I don't remember much about the aquarium's exhibits, but I recall that the building was quite nice. Good Federal architecture.

Yours truly,

Clem

Octomatt

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Reaction score
The Shed (sp?) Aquarium is Chicago's greatest site in my book! I haven't been in years, but when I was last there, they had a live GPO on display, as well as plaster reproductions of GPO and an Architeuthis!

I'm coming into this thread a bit late, so you may have already been and gone through Chicago...did you make it to the Shed?

Matt

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
Sister Moog,

I think you should go to the aquarium with that digital camera of yours and report back to us! You've got to get a few photos of the ceph bits, after all, most of us will never get the chance to go there.

(BTW, I know you are a bit new to this so GPO stands for Giant Pacific Octopus in case you were wondering).

The Moog

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Reaction score
Am here in Chicago till August, so have not been to Shedd Aq yet, tho
have been driven up to it and have seen dino skelly outside the Field museum , very much looking forward to seing it all, shame I have to teach class really!!! So much to do, still, I can be comforted by the knowledge that Phil is missing his little sis! (not). :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishoughthtr

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards