Hello all!

Chris_Payne

Hatchling
Registered
Hi everyone! I'm new to the TONMO world and am starting to do some research on Thaumoctopus, Wunderpus, and O. chierchiae so if anyone has any tips, leads on availability, or anything else of the sort please let me know. Thanks a bunch!

Chris

hi Chris! You've come to the right place for sure. Use the search function, we've been posting here since 2002 or so, so there's a lot that's been said on these topics! I wasn't so sure about Thaumoctopus, but found this:

Brooding Thaumoctopus

The last posting I remember on the blanket oct was the one found in FL. You may be able to contact the photographer (Thales included a link to the original poster. One of the really interesting things about his observation was that it dug in the sand to find food. There are photos/video of it somewhere but I don't remember if they are in the linked reference or on the Reef Central post.

Thales and Roy have done a lot of work with O. chierchiae and Thales is expected :biggrin2: to write up a brooding journal. He has a presentation on the experience as well so you might PM/email him directly if he misses your post.

Thales has also done some work with photogenicus but Dr. Crissy Huffard (mucktopus) would also be a direct contact for more info.

:feet:At TONMOCON IV OB complained that my sig did not wink or do ANYTHING any more. I explained that it did a whole lot of stuff, including swim, wink and threaten to bite but it was too large so it did nothing when I uploaded it. I took only a part of the animation for the sig and one of the stills for change of avitar :nofeet:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back