hears the plan

Sad to say, if your octo has laid eggs, she won't be around much longer.

Some species lay large eggs, like the bimac. Other species lay much smaller eggs and the hatchlings become part of the plankton until they grow larger. It's certainly possible that you have a small-egg species.
It's almost impossible to raise the young of a small-egg species because of the difficulty of providing appropriate food.

This does explain why you're seeing so little of your octopus.

Nancy

Oh yes since I have discovered the eggs I am not setting up the 20 gallon. The octopus has made another den under a rock that looks like it could tip over what do I do? I really don’t want to make my octopus any more scared but if he continues construction it will crush him.

Can you do something to help support the rock without moving it? It's true, octos are sometimes not the best builders. It's a good thing to have shells and lighter material in the tank so your octopus doesn't build entirely with heavy stones - and of course, make sure that your rocks are piled in a safe way. However, during den building your octo may move rocks, even large rocks, so you can never be sure how stable the structure will be.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back