• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Has anyone ordered an octo from liveaquaria?

There are many octos on the forum that have come from Live Aquaria. With the exception of Diver's Den animals, they are imported similar to the one at your LSF. I am not sure if they make one less stop along the import trail or not (ie if they come directly from the importer or are purchased from a wholesaler). Live Aquaria does (or did, not sure of any policy changes since the purchase by PetCo) have a guarantee that your local pet shop likely cannot honor. Their shipping is impeccable. That being said, there telling which of about 3 species that will show up where you can view animals that are already local.

Thanks! Yeah I think I might just try them instead... it’s shipping from California so it won’t have a long time shut up in a box. If I just spend an extra $20, shipping will be free so it’ll basically cost me the same as getting the abdopus. I’d rather have a chance at getting a different species! It does seem to have a guarantee too
250598A0-7373-4446-AECC-E727551D0871.png

Of the species typically received, abdopus is going to be your best option. The others have typically been nocturnal, either a small (likely) Abdopus of some kind or one we think is Callistoctopus aspilosomatis. We have seen a few others but it is always an interesting adventure. If you sign up for the email notification, be sure to check as soon as you get the notice as they don't stay available long.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back