Has anyone ordered an octo from liveaquaria?

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
There are many octos on the forum that have come from Live Aquaria. With the exception of Diver's Den animals, they are imported similar to the one at your LSF. I am not sure if they make one less stop along the import trail or not (ie if they come directly from the importer or are purchased from a wholesaler). Live Aquaria does (or did, not sure of any policy changes since the purchase by PetCo) have a guarantee that your local pet shop likely cannot honor. Their shipping is impeccable. That being said, there telling which of about 3 species that will show up where you can view animals that are already local.

Hadla

Blue Ring
Registered
Thanks! Yeah I think I might just try them instead... it’s shipping from California so it won’t have a long time shut up in a box. If I just spend an extra $20, shipping will be free so it’ll basically cost me the same as getting the abdopus. I’d rather have a chance at getting a different species! It does seem to have a guarantee too 250598A0-7373-4446-AECC-E727551D0871.png

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Of the species typically received, abdopus is going to be your best option. The others have typically been nocturnal, either a small (likely) Abdopus of some kind or one we think is Callistoctopus aspilosomatis. We have seen a few others but it is always an interesting adventure. If you sign up for the email notification, be sure to check as soon as you get the notice as they don't stay available long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
King.God

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak