Happy Birthday to Kat!

:oops: :roll: Thanks, everybody... wouldn't have expected the day to turn out so well, considering a birthday package was stolen from my mailbox last Friday (and opened, present removed, and wrappings left on my lawn); thereafter our car was broken into in a supposedly secure carpark! But then my parents rang and sang me 'Happy Birthday' bluegrass style, complete with Dad on the banjo (an unexpected musical phenomenon for 6.30am on a Monday), and I got surprise tickets to see a very funny Scottish comedian (Danny Bhoy) last night.
Oh, and I should have residency by tomorrow! :mrgreen:

:glass:

Tintenfisch said:
...wouldn't have expected the day to turn out so well, considering a birthday package was stolen from my mailbox last Friday (and opened, present removed, and wrappings left on my lawn)
That's awful. Unless it turns up one year hence, in photos sent from distant lands.

Banjo at 6:30am? You are made of stern stuff.

Clem said:
That's awful.

Yeah! And apparently it was a DVD of The Brak Show that my sister bought at Target months ago and has been hoarding and drooling over ever since. And of course they don't have it any more. :mad: Who does that???

Tintenfisch said:
And apparently it was a DVD of The Brak Show...Who does that???

Haw! Brak rocks. As for who would do such a thing, well...the crime scene is peculiar. The ostentatious leaving behind of the wrapping paper suggests a dark sense of humor. They might even have hid nearby to watch you find it.
Did this occur in the daylight hours? Unless you live in crime alley, it seems unlikely that a career criminal out for a stroll would brazenly open everyone's mailbox on a hunt for goodies. I suspect an inside job, or someone who a) stops by regularly who b) knew that you would be getting a present.

Cheers,

Will Graham

Well - it was the last day of school holidays, and I think probably some neighborhood kids just saw it get delivered, and upon closer inspection noticed that the customs sticker on it said 'DVD.' I wasn't actually the one who found it; a little boy brought it to the door and said he'd found it on the street, and gave it to my flatmate who was home at the time. They opened the card as well, but at least left THAT in the package. :sad:

Well, crap. Let's hope their DVD player can't read Region 1 discs. Failing that, hope that Brak's dry wit is lost on them, and they return it to you.

Clem said:
Well, crap. Let's hope their DVD player can't read Region 1 discs. Failing that, hope that Brak's dry wit is lost on them, and they return it to you.

Unfortunately, they'll probably empathize with the Zorak character.

Happy birthday, anyway...

Tintenfisch said:
Oh, and I should have residency by tomorrow! :mrgreen:
Splendid!! :glass:
(i really should fill in that application form :roll: )

Sorry about the DVD... the only retaliation is to set your neighbourhood on fire... *checks weekly timetable* ... ok, i can do that on Saturday evening... :wink:

TPOTH

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back