Happy 10th Anniversary, TONMO.com!

Happy decade, TONMO!

Tony, you've brought a wonderful thing into existence and I don't think we could thank you enough! Cheers.

Thanks ck! We need OB to come back to Philly so we can have another digestif at Mahogany's.

I appreciate the comments. Believe me, the pleasure of 10 years of TONMO.com has been all mine. This site wouldn't be much of anything if it weren't for all of you who visit and contribute, and all the above-and-beyond contributions offered over the years by our Staff.

I was looking at the 2001 guestbook again -- Jean and Tani were in there also... classic!

Ten years eh?

What a huge amount of stuff has happened since then!!! Look at how many members have come and gone, the number of cephalopod keepers and all the good work done to try and share information about the beasties we are all so interested in. I wonder just how many octopuses and cuttlefish have lived a better, longer life by their owners finding their way to this site? It was always so much fun to be involved in an area of the home aquarist hobby where almost everything we experienced was brand new and much of it previously undocumented.

On a personal note... ten years ago I was 24, no kids, no Mykela, totally different job, different town.... what a change!!!

So, here is a big thanks to Tony for giving us TONMO.com and for all the great people I have met through the site (many of them in real life) and a big hello to all my friends over the world!!!!

Here's to the next ten years!

Cheers

There is nothing awkward about putting Kraken in your coffee. Happy Anniversary TONMO.com!

:party: :coffee: :archi: :cheers:

Attachments

• conv_296459.jpg
    conv_296459.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • conv_296460.jpg
    conv_296460.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 122
Yay! Happy birthday TONMO!

TONMO was a major part of my life for a very long time and I learned so much over those years. It changed the way I look at octopuses and really opened my eyes to what a wonderful group of animals they are. And run by such a bunch of really nice, friendly and knowledgeable people.

Here's to another ten years! I wonder what it'll bring? Living colossal footage? Soft bodied ammonites? I expect we'll all be in 3D by then, and much greyer and wiser.

Cheers and thank you Tony for making it all possible and to the wonderful contributors who have given up so much of their free time to make this a great website.

Happy 10th Anniversary, TONMO.com!

Thanks Phil! Your contributions have seriously added to the depth of TONMO.com, and that will always be here. Your YouTube videos rock as well. Looking forward to more!

10 years???? That is so awesome! I think I joined in Tonmo's 2nd year. Hard to believe we are that old and it is simply amazing how much we have grown! Thank you :glass:Tony for a brilliant idea! And how fitting for me to bring home today a new octopus!

Cheers from me, too! Happy Birthday TONMO.com!
I have a photo of my toast, but I'm having some problems transferring it to my laptop - so will post later.

Nancy

Thanks Tonmo for being my escape (oasis?) from reality. After a really long day, I decided to drink straight from the bottle. Five photos later (and way more rum than I ever drink...) here is my only good shot. Good night all!

D - have you opened your bottle yet?

Attachments

• conv_296469.jpg
    conv_296469.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
Toasting TONMO.com TONMO (aka Tony), TONMO staff and All TONMO members

I have only been an active member for 4 of the ten years but I feel like I gain 10 years worth of experience EVERY year. Even though my participation is centered on octopuses in the aquarium I am an avid reader of all the forums and enjoy vicariously participating in all of the different topics. Who knows, maybe I will take up fossil hunting or more, likely, cuttlefish in the NEXT 10 years :razz:

Note: Counting my legs, there are 8 appendages.

PS
We decided my son needed to hold the bottle rather than waste more of the Kraken on my shorts :wink:

Attachments

• conv_296484.jpg
    conv_296484.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 77
  • conv_296485.jpg
    conv_296485.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 61

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back