• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Hapalochlaena maculosa Lesser Blue Ring :) i finally have one :)

And so i finally collected one for myself :smile: yesterday i was out collecting and found myself a medium size Hapalochlaena maculosa or lesser BR

its not like i know little about them but am always lookin for more info to add to the brain :smile: a good researcher never stops or is satisfied :smile:

for the record (and everyones peace of mind) he is kept in a small tank with a secure lid drilled exact for airlines and runs on an airlift corner filter :smile:

before the lid is removed i make sure i can see exactly where he is and what he is looking at and dont take my eyes off him when hands are close to the tank and only tongs ever go in the water when he is in there Gloves are always used :smile:

tongs go back in to a chlorine bath once used and never touch bare skin

i know its a bit over the top but IMO ya cant go to over the top in safety and something so deadly so other precautions any one would like to suggest would be appreciated

that aside this is probably more of a brag thread than a question one :P please feel free to input anything you think might be handy knowledge or questions ya wanna about them

I will post up some pictures once he settles in , he has been in his tank less than 24 hours and is hiding in a bit of pvc pipe

i will be feeding him mainly small shore crabs but am hopeful i can get it on to small pieces of squid like i have with the one at work

well i shall leave it there for tonight and will come back to update from time to time :smile: ill get some photos up asap

ok today on closer inspection i notice he has one tentacle that has divided in to 2 towards the end well about 1/2 way down :smile: im guessing and early injury that has possibly split his arm a bit and when its regrown its come back as 2 :smile:

today 40 odd hours since capture he is now out of the pvc pipe and climbing around the tank :smile: will try to get some good photos up soon

Somewhere in a threat a long while back we dicussed some of the abnormalities that have shown up in squid and octos. Unfortuantely I can't come up with a good keyword at the moment to locate it.

new camera comming in about a week will get some good pics of the 9 Legged Freak and the larger one at work and post them up as soon as i can :smile: reeflover hold out ill get back to your email over the next 24 hours :smile:

lol aw sorry bout that something i didnt think about :P have been flat out the start of summer has been fun :P
the little guy is going well quite happy and dancing round his tank now :smile: the one at work is getting quite large now and is very happy but is getting aggressive (attacking the tongs and grabbers) extra safely precautions have been put in place only 2 of us now have access to his tank

will get some photos up soon

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back