Hapalochlaena (Blue Ring Octopuses)

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
The Blue Ring is many things but I never really considered it as being the, 'Notorious sex pest of the animal world' :roflmao:

hehe

squidmaster

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
:cthulhu: :cthulhu: :cthulhu: :cthulhu: :band: :heart: :snorkel: It seems it is a dangerous business to view such a mating process. I think I have observed some of the same fumbling in the human rhelm. Perhaps a longer foreplay is not that alARMIMG considering the female species of any animal seems to enjoy this ritual. :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
I hope this is not too inkcredable to imagine this line of thinking, but I found the article rather humorous :lol: :lol: :lol: Sometimes I have mind pictures that go where no man has gone before :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thanks for the article I found it interesting :shock: :shock: :shock:

nanoteuthis

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
Reaction score
Ummm -- why does this thread remind me of something Colin once posted about a typical Glasgow pub on Saturday night?

:lol:

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

yeah i seem to remember that, I was young free and single back then though..... em, I think....... something to do with squid beaks hehe

:lol:

Oktoputeao

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Reaction score
Yes friends, blue ring octopus. I know there exist 3 species:
H.fasciata ( my favourite)
H.lunalata
and H. maculosa

But yesterday I have seen another specie ( I can't find now the web page, sorry), it has the blue rings in a middle sice between H. lunalata and H.maculosa. What specie is it? there exist other species?

Cheers
Carles