Hank - O. Bocki (?)

Humm, I don't see it showing up. Did you click on your profile and edit the "About" information? There is a location entry there but I don't think it shows up unless you edit the about section. It will not show up if there is no information.

Hank hasn't eaten in three day, and I'm worried.
I've tried fiddler, whisker shrimp, and hermits, and snails. He did attack the shrimp, only to let it go moments later. It was dead, but not eaten. The hermit then went after it, and when I woke up there wasn't much left of the shrimp. I'm assuming from the hermit.

Only thing I haven't tried is the table shrimp on a skewer yet.

He's active at night, climbing all over his tank. Then hides when the sun comes up. I did do a big water change and my salt dropped from 1.025 to 1.023-1024. so I'm not sure if that caused this or not.

Here is my WIP 28g tank for Hank. Started filtering two days ago, just got the Skimmer going today. I have to get the salt up, and PH So I am working on that.

This is where the water goes into the back, it had wide slots where I know Hank would slip right through so I siliconed mesh on it before filling. The mesh I got from Hobby Lobby in the crochet isle.

I have to power heads leading into the tank that he may be able to slip into, so I am putting filter bags over them with Zip ties.

I have the main top to the Nano, and a plexi glass to put on top the tank, but I need to put some holes in it I think because it completely seals the tank, and the lights make it hot. I hate the top to this Nano to be honest.

After our nano top almost caught fire (I happened to spot the blue burn going up the wire and got it unplugged before there was real trauma) we found a great all glass top that fit our model and a super price on a halide/pc leg supported light. We kind of think the light was mispriced as we have seen it a few times at about 3x what we paid but if you can find A glass top made for your tank, you might want to consider buying one. Ours was 2 pieces and we used a silicone hinge to keep them together and still be able to open it. It was not very expensive and fit perfectly.

After our nano top almost caught fire (I happened to spot the blue burn going up the wire and got it unplugged before there was real trauma) we found a great all glass top that fit our model and a super price on a halide/pc leg supported light. We kind of think the light was mispriced as we have seen it a few times at about 3x what we paid but if you can find A glass top made for your tank, you might want to consider buying one. Ours was 2 pieces and we used a silicone hinge to keep them together and still be able to open it. It was not very expensive and fit perfectly.

That is a good idea. I know my lfs has these kids that go on tanks might check them out.

I'd love to switch the lights over to ones that sit on legs but I've seen the price of those. Maybe I can put something together to put my nano lid up off the top some until I can get those lights with legs.

For an octopus tank, you should be able to find an inexpensive LED setup. I have a couple (found on eBay) that have very simple wire legs that only raise it off the tank enough to give airflow to reduce heat. I have to move these to open the lid (my attempts at attaching them to the outer cover failed after a bit) but they are really not much of a problem. With the nano cover, you could likely place them behind the front opening and leave them there.

Octos will do just fine with simple room light (ie no tank light at all) but anything else in the tank will need more.

For an octopus tank, you should be able to find an inexpensive LED setup. I have a couple (found on eBay) that have very simple wire legs that only raise it off the tank enough to give airflow to reduce heat. I have to move these to open the lid (my attempts at attaching them to the outer cover failed after a bit) but they are really not much of a problem. With the nano cover, you could likely place them behind the front opening and leave them there.

Octos will do just fine with simple room light (ie no tank light at all) but anything else in the tank will need more.

How did you secure the glass to the tank?

So... Hank inked.

He hasn't eaten in days, I think a week. So I grabbed a fiddler and was trying to offer it to him and poof... a Little cloud of smoke came out. It dissipated within a mere second. Before I could grab a net or anything.

I've tried everything to get him to eat and at this point I'm just stressing him out.
Guess I just need to step back and let nature take its course.

Hank passed away last night. I'm crushed.
I think it was so to age as he was a gray blue color, stopped eating, starting coming out during he day, and acted like he didn't know how to use his arms or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back