• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Gulfsurfer101's step into cephs!

gulfsurfer,
We don't have a direct upload for video (and probably a good thing considering the servers and software needed to run streaming video well) but VB has a very nice embedding system that is simple to use once you have a URL for a video posted on most sites. After using several, I am a YouTube fan but vimeo and photobucket are popular (all three have free accounts available).

Oh I see, I'll have to post links when I'm able to get some video of it and it's tank. I'm working on a more functional system for it that will allow me a 5.5 aga to use as a fuge to grow out it's food and keep a range of differnt macro's in. I'm just working out the kinks of a noisy overflow and high water level. I'm hoping to have everything transferred over by the end of the weekend.

I decided to transfer this tank over to my mr.aqua 12" cube. My ceph has seeked refuge in a group of small barnicles that are placed up front right corner and has only come out to inspect the tank for weakness. After giving up it has retreated back to the barnicles. The sump was running a little loud so I added a valve from an old pump I never used. I leave it open less than 1/8 a turn to cushion the spill from the overflow to a soft gentle lap.
Snapshot_20110412_5.jpg

I plan to cut grooves into the stand that will allow me to slide the lid into and kinda lock the back in place.
Snapshot_20110412_1.jpg

The sump.
Snapshot_20110412.jpg

The tank!
Snapshot_20110412_6.jpg

Ok so I caught some live food for my ceph today. I found a few med sized shrimp, a few luttuce type nudibranches, a few tiny porcelin crabs, and another sargassum angler about 1" in lenght. It actually looks like there is something in my tank now woth the angler and nudi's swimming around.
octopicsA023.jpg

octopicsA024.jpg

octopicsA006.jpg

octopicsA001.jpg

It's for freind up in Jersy. He'll pay me to ship it to him I just don't want to keep it in my reef tank where he can have a 30 dollar shrimp dinner or the eat my only blenny. He should be fine so long for the few days he'll be a guest in this tank.

That they are, the tiny one must have gotten eaten when my tank food supplies were running thin. My tank is now stocked with shrimp and and small porcelin crabs to offer along with a sump area now that I can harvest macro's and pods among other things.

I'll update with a few pics of my tank. I added another large rock from my 30g reef tank to aid in the biological factor of the tank.I also installed a cabinet door to help stifle the sound of the sump. My merc looks good and is seeking refuge in the barnicles and hunts everynight now. It has incorporated a small hermits shell to hole itself up in its den which from what I read is quite common with these creatures.
parade069.jpg

octopicsA010.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back