Guess what's inside

Ok one more purposefully bad hint. Then I'll chime in tomorrow before heading off to the field for a week or so.

Attachments

• conv_296205.jpg
    conv_296205.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 133
I see a second cyanea, back and to the left of the first. At least my mind sees a pair of eyes head, maybe some mantle and an arm. So I am staying pat with my original black widow thinking. Of course, if it is intentionally misleading maybe they were both stalking something else :hmm:

From photo 3 I am assuming same species. Is dinner still alive at this point of had she killed it? Was it a mate or just one that was smaller that she came across?

3 for 3, I think I may be learning something (old dogs and new tricks ;>) ...

I hope you will consider making this kind of guessing game a regular thing. Love to see your pics and this was fun putting together reported information about this species.

Be sure we know when you do an official document!

I think it WAS Waldo- but was just saying sorry about his fate!

And sure- I'm happy to do this sort of thing again, but rarely have a series like this. The bar will be much lower form now on- unless we want to include non-cephs....OR- we could have a "name that species" game, starting with extreme close ups and moving out...that would be fun.
C

I thought you were underwater ;>). Name the species gets my vote 100 times since I have a personal goal in trying to see and learn identifying traits.

I love the Idea of "Name that species". It would give a lot of practice and knowledge to those looking to become better at ID'ing these animals. You get an A++ for my vote.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back