• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

GSP as food?

Ok, so I have a firefish, a bird wrasse, a green spotted pufferfish, a maroon clownfish, and a scooter blenny. I'm going to upgrade pretty soon to a bigger tank and will get an octopus after that :] I'm guessing that the octopus won't mess with the clown or the blenny.

I'm just wondering if the pufferfish would harm the octo? I'm thinking that the puffer will be squashed in his beak before he can puff up.

Thanks!

The clown will be food, the puffer will pick at the octo, the blenny will attack it with vigour, and depending on the size...be eaten.

It's why we always recommend that octos be kept by themselves!

when i had my octo he was actually being picked on my damsels... and he would never come out and be stressed... once i removed him everything was cake..

A GSP the size of a quarter should be in an SG of about 1.010 The clown and the blenny, the firefish and the wrasse would all be food sooner rather than later.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back