• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

GSP as food?

Krakilin

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Ok, so I have a firefish, a bird wrasse, a green spotted pufferfish, a maroon clownfish, and a scooter blenny. I'm going to upgrade pretty soon to a bigger tank and will get an octopus after that :] I'm guessing that the octopus won't mess with the clown or the blenny.

I'm just wondering if the pufferfish would harm the octo? I'm thinking that the puffer will be squashed in his beak before he can puff up.

Thanks!

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
The clown will be food, the puffer will pick at the octo, the blenny will attack it with vigour, and depending on the size...be eaten.

It's why we always recommend that octos be kept by themselves!

Tone1987

Blue Ring
Supporter
when i had my octo he was actually being picked on my damsels... and he would never come out and be stressed... once i removed him everything was cake..

Opcn

GPO
Supporter
A GSP the size of a quarter should be in an SG of about 1.010 The clown and the blenny, the firefish and the wrasse would all be food sooner rather than later.

Members online