Grover

dwhatley;125172 said:
Do you think they are still hatching or that you are just seeing them?

Well, for several hours after I picked the last that I could find out of the tank, I didn't see any. Now I just counted 6 clustered together. I think there's more hatching.

Man I wish I had endless water volume and an infinite supply of live phyto. I got about $50 worth of live phyto donated to the cause, yay. She told me I better make it work...:goofysca:. And an invitation by one of our MAS directors to do a presentation at next months MAS meeting. :shock:

Talk about pressure.

dwhatley;125176 said:
And all of us just hoping for more than 4 days :bonk:

At this point I'll be happy for more than 24 hours. Before I was faced with the actual experience, I told myself I was just going to let it go, it's impossible, it would be a waste of resources...

Then they appeared. And I pointed them out to Alayna. And she said "Oh they're so cute!"...

Many did not live through the night. Still have a couple dozen. Did a water change first thing this morning. Added more live phyto.

I'm thinking the room temperature was too low for one thing. Might should have suspended the jug in the display.

AM, due to an undesireable extension of the life of a dying (old age) merc, something I have thought might have an effect would be to absolutely boil the water with air from an air stone. If you can pull a few off and have a container, it wouldn't hurt to try as it is unlikely that I will have eggs to experiment with any time soon. The experiementer in me would love to try to mate a pair of octos in my split tank but the hobbiest won't risk Serendipity. When we got the tank, this was a goal but not until I have kept a few more octopuses :oops:

Maybe a dozen or less left alive. Just got home from work. 9 hours with no water changes and additional food...

I just got my coral propagation system. Right next to it, in the corner of the room is an 6 sided tank, 60 gallons... would be easy to make flow in a circle... would be fairly easy to plumb into the prop tanks... Yes. Yes I think I will do that. Just for this purpose in the future.

Send me your pelagic pusses, people? :smile:

D, that's pretty much what I've been doing, without the airstone though. Just the end of the hose down in the bottom of the jug. I was afraid it was too rough... but I guess the ocean isn't all that gentle...

This sucks. I need to read more.

About 30 minutes ago Grover came out. I dropped in some clams on the half shell for her. On my way over to the tank she released the biggest cloud of ink I've ever seen from any of my octopuses. It seems her sense of smell isn't very good anymore. She had a hard time finding just one of the three pieces I dropped in, made a whole circle around one piece without noticing it. She looks very pale from what I could tell without the lights on.

Animal Mother;125201 said:
D, that's pretty much what I've been doing, without the airstone though. Just the end of the hose down in the bottom of the jug. I was afraid it was too rough... but I guess the ocean isn't all that gentle...

This sucks. I need to read more.

Try a tiny shallow container with no flow (maybe floating in one of your tanks to maintain temperature).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back