• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

grotech corall B

Nippel

O. bimaculoides
Registered
hello,

i keep some SPS and other corals with my cuttlefish and i want some stuff to make the colors brighter.

Grotech corall ABC is cheap for me to get but in Corall B is copper includet, is this a problem for the cuttle?

I guess very small amounts of copper would be okay because cuttles have also copper in its blood.

Nippel;141051 said:
hello,

I guess very small amounts of copper would be okay because cuttles have also copper in its blood.

Quite the opposite! Even trace amounts of copper can be leathal to cephs and the general rule is to use only aquariums that have never held any form of treatments because small traces are absorbed and can bleed from the silicone.

mhh but there are traceelements of copper in the ordanary seasalt you can buy for salting your tank. Do you think there is to much copper in the traceelements of grotech?

I don't know if you know this stuff or if it is available worldwide?

I am not aware of the product here (Southern USA) but my area does not have a large home aquarium industry. If you can find copper listed in the synthetic salts for aquariums, you will note that it is marked undetectable or very minute (.0003 ppm for Seachem).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back