:grin: Octopus is here!

When I checked the water in the shipping bag, it had already been floating in the tank for 1/2 hour so It is safe to say it was well with in the range to give an accurate reading. I rechecked every 15- 20 minutes there after and watched it slowly lower and continued until it was at 1.025.

I'm really sorry your octopus didn't make it.:angelpus:

It's standard to ship in a styrofoam container, which helps keep the temperature steady. Sometimes you're charged extra for this I would also imagine that temperature is more of an issue for a tropical species than for a bimac.

For those of you thinking of ordering an octo this winter, you would do well to have a phone conversation with the seller about the shipping.

Nancy

Lmecher.. Im sorry to read about this octopus.. Sad story. I was wondering if you are going to try again? :smile: I think you should if still interested! If you mentioned something about it already i missed it so sorry.. Anyways how was the serice at this "tomscaribbean"? I have never heard of it. Is it just Tomscaribbean.com? And do they have a regular abundance of them? Thanks and sorry again :frown:

Looking at the arm to mantle ratio, this little guy has been putting all his arms in unsafe places. I had to look several times to be sure on species because the arm to mantle ratio was way off for briareus (the color looks quite normal though).

We can only guess on why they don't make shipping but I would pretty much discount the shipping and lean toward the cold being the most likely issue. I have only lost one the day it arrived and it was routed through a blizzard and extreme cold so I am more than a little bias toward this being the likely answer. Tom has always used sheets of styrofoam to line the boxes as far as I can remember so I don't know what's up with that. He may have someone new helping him with shipping so be sure you bring this to his attention.

Cephdoc;167465 said:
Lmecher.. Im sorry to read about this octopus.. Sad story. I was wondering if you are going to try again? :smile: I think you should if still interested! If you mentioned something about it already i missed it so sorry.. Anyways how was the serice at this "tomscaribbean"? I have never heard of it. Is it just Tomscaribbean.com? And do they have a regular abundance of them? Thanks and sorry again :frown:

Tom is replacing the octopus for me. I am expecting another tomorrow.
Thanks for the kind words.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back