Greetings, new Ceph friends

Dear Folks:
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Sorry to have been out of touch for a few weeks. I just got the chance to log in and see what was going on. I've been swamped with work lately.

I appreciated the comments of several of you about my home page. For me, it's all about choice, but far be it from me to bring up such a controversial topic as religion!

In the meantime, I have to share with you all that I was amazed by the tremendous power and mobility of the Taningia Danae in the videos of Dr. Kubodera's deep-sea bait experiment, reported frequently as "Giant Squid Attacks!" What a beautiful animal, and such a predator! Just flying around the camera and bait with its arms extended...truly magnificent.

And I think most of all, I enjoyed the news about the Giant Octopus in one of the Northwest U.S. aquaria (was it Seattle?) that was attacking and eating 4 foot sharks! The footage was breathtaking. I must say that I feel sorry for the sharks, but gosh! What an amazing predator, that Enteroctopus Dofleini. I visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium a few weeks ago, lookkng for their Giant Octopus. I was disappointed to see such a small one on display there, when I had heard they had a larger one. Maybe if they feed this one some sharks, it will grow to an impressive size!

All my best to you, my newfound Ceph-friends!

Sincerely,
Arik

Dr. Arik,
Morro Bay has a funky souvenir shop/aquarium that has several large Pacific Octs.( ck. avatar pic taken from my phone) . You can get right up to the old cement and glass tanks and get a really good look. We always stop in on our way to/from Monterey and hope that the retro store will still be there. It is such a relic--hasn't changed in 50 years!
Enjoyed reading your informative posts and hope to be hearing more from you in the near future.
Cs

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back