Greetings from the crushing deep

The Gnome

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hello everyone ! I'm a newbie that has been glued to his computer for the last month learning everything possible about cephalopods and saltwater aquaria in general. I've been slowly collecting the equipment that I will need to run my system, here's what I have so far ...
I have a 125 gallon oceanic display tank with two overflow boxes on either side of the back running down to the 55 gallon refugium which will be housed in the tanks stand. Here is where most of the liverock will be kept along with the heater and skimmer and all that. Also, I plan to run more plumbing down to a 55 gallon rubbermaid sump to add more water volume in case of inking. It's been a slow process for me to get this far, and I still have lightyears to go before I can actually say I have everything that will be needed. And after I get to that point ... it will be another couple months before I will put the actual specimen in the display tank. I'm sure that all of you seasoned octopi experts out there with your 14 million gallon tanks went through this like 10 years ago, but it must be nice to look down the totem pole at the heads way down on the bottom.

A quick little bit of information about me personally. I have been the frontman for a deathmetal hardcore band based out of the midwest in the United States named Neutral Red for 9 1/2 years now. We can be found at http://www.neutralredonline.com and our music can be sampled at Neutral Red | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos. Among my current pets, I have a 4 1/2 foot Royal Python, a Chilean Rose Haired Tarantula and two prodgical pitbulls that I love to death. I raised them both from the bottle and they wouldn't hurt a fly.

If anyone has any comments about my plans or suggestions as to what species of octopus they think I should keep in this setup, please post and let me know what you think !

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back