greetings from spencer mass

gpx1200

GPO
Registered
hello everyone
iv'e been lurking more and more here reading about many experiences with cuttle fish and i'm finaly ready to give it a go, i have allways been interested on octos as well but right now i'm realy drawn to the cuttle fish
i am new to ceph's but i've been keeping reeftanks for 15yrs and freshwater for about 20yrs before that. i now have 4 saltwater tanks up and runing a 92g reef only corner tank and my mantis system with a 72 bow,45 hex and a 20 long each with corals and a mantis shrimp inside and all shairing the same sump (except the 92).
i am planing to raise some cuttle fish in the near future that will end up in the 92 and 72 gallon tanks(after the mantis is removed) and posibly a 40 breeder for future babbies.
i am in the process of seting up a 40 breeder for breeding mysis shrimp to feed the cuttle hatchlings and once that is up and runing ill hopefuly be abble to order some eggs.
thanks tonmo for the great forum and all the info within.
chris

:welcome: to TONMO and our world of cephs! Mysis breeding is not so easily accomplished I am afraid. Several members are experimenting and journaling all attempts will be helpful.

thanks for the welcome guys, i know breeding mysis will be tricky but i think i'm up for it, i'm allmost finished seting up my 40 breeder, i have my devider/babby seperator built i just have to decide if i want to have it be it's own system or if it's going to share a sump with my 92g reef. i have also set up systems for culturing phytoplankton and hatching babby brine shrimp.
ill start a thread a little later with pics of my mysis setup, i think it's going to work prety well.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back