greetings from norway

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Crispin, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Crispin

Crispin Larval Mass Registered

hello everyone. ive just seen this forum from a post by DWhatley on the forum www.marineaquariumsa.com where i am a member. For the current time frame i am mainly interested in reef aquariums but have MTS which was diagnosed a few years back and seems to be getting worse. no known cure regretably, but upgraded and additional tanks help my sufferings. One of these i hope to plan a cuttlefish or otopus tank but it will take a whole lot of research before i go into it at all. hopefully i can lurk in some dark corners here and learn from you guys:)

im originally from South Africa but now reside in the deep snows of Norway.

2. OB

OB Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: Crispin.

Well, you've sure come to the right place if you are serious about jumpstarting this next phase in your salt water hobby. Please, browse through our well documented care sections to learn about species selection, water requirements, filtration, sumps, refugiums, etc. Ask anytime if details remain unclear, I'm sure our resident experts will gladly chime in. Most of all, let us share in how you fare! Enjoy!

#2    Top
  3. Crispin

thanks OB. its realy the research and experience of other members that i seek at the moment, and seeing what is actually feasable with cephlaop care. I have massive dreams of huge tanks where i could swim with breeding cuttlefish and take decent photographs, but ummm thats not feasable :) do you have a 'members tank' section i could brows through, i cant seem to find one yet?

4. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

:welcome::grin: I am glad you explained the Norway/SA connection as I was initially confused :old:. We do have a Tank Talk forum but I created a special thread for a good look at some of our build outs where you may want to start your drooling. MTS is a common disease here.

Visit our journals for both octopuses and cuttlefishes for some vicarious keeping. For current animals see the Octo/cuttle care forums. At the top are stickies noted as List of our Octopuses/Cuttlefishes followed by a year or series of years. The lists show the species, keeper, date of acquisition and are linked to the journals.

5. Jean

Jean Colossal Squid Supporter

:welcome:

6. Crispin

thanks for the welcome guys :)